Topics: On How To Suffer Less, Meat & Cancer, Brain.fm, Certainty In Uncertain Times, and more…
BY HENDRIK MUSEKAMP
Photo by Tim Marshall
Hi all! Here is hmx-weekly, a list of what I’m enjoying, pondering, or working on. Enjoy.
DOES MEAT CONSUMPTION CAUSE CANCER?
Dr. Rhonda Patrick on the link between meat and cancer: “[…] there have been many, many, many correlative studies that have found that higher meat consumption is associated with a significantly higher risk of cancer and cancer mortality.
To try to answer this question we end up going deep into discussing plausible mechanisms that might help explain this phenomenon and, indeed, discussing a little bit of cancer biology as well.”
High meat consumption might be a mediator – the gasoline you pour onto the fire. But we don’t know if it’s the cause. Dr. Rhonda Patrick gives advice on what to consider when eating a diet high in meat.
HOW THE WORDS WE USE AFFECT OUR EXPERIENCE
Short video on how our words influence our moment by moment experience. Ever tried to trade “good” for “outstanding”? Or “stressed” for “peeved”? Little changes can make a big difference.
QUOTE I’M PONDERING OVER
People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them.
– Epictetus, Enchiridion
I’ve used brain.fm for quiet some time. Finally their app arrived, which makes it easier to get “into the zone” while commuting. Since I’m getting into wingwave-coaching and emdr techniques I finally start to realize how this works. If you’re interested this might start your own research.
Disclaimer: I’m not your therapist, go see a professional before using the audio and self-coaching techniques. There might be a downside, and this has informational purposes only.
HOW TO SUFFER LESS
Tony Robbins: How To Suffer Less: What’s your favorite flavor of suffering? Which energy-sapping emotion do you indulge in most? Is it sadness? Frustration? Anger? Despair? Self-pity? Jealousy? Worry? The specific details don’t really matter because they’re all states of suffering. And all this suffering is really just the result of an undirected mind that’s hell-bent on looking for problems.
ARTICLES I ENJOYED
- Amor Fati: The Immense Power of Learning To Love Your Fate: Sad storys. We all might have them. But isn’t it better to own them, than be owned by them?
- Your Brain Has A Shuffle Button – Here’s How to Use It: “The human brain thrives on a wide range of ideas and experiences, especially those it isn’t expecting to encounter.”
- Financial Certainty In Uncertain Times: “Here’s what you do have to do: you have to focus on what you can control, not on what you can’t.” This is an excerpt of Tony Robbins’ new book “Unshakeble”. Looking forward to it.
- Why Meditation Is Worth Doing Badly
Thanks for reading. Three things I could use your help with:
- Follow me on Facebook (more there…)
- Enjoy this issue? Please send it to one friend, this helps me grow.
- Have something I should be covering? Use the “contact us” form to your right.
Have a great week,