Topics: Persuasion & Influence, Team Norms & EQ, Productivity, Depression & How to Stay on the Path
BY HENDRIK MUSEKAMP
Photo by Matteo Vistocco
Hi all! It’s Friday. Hence, here is your weekly dose of hmx-weekly, a list of what I’m enjoying, pondering, or working on. Enjoy.
SCIENCE OF PERSUASION
OPEN PLAN OFFICES KILL PRODUCTIVITY
“Open-Plan Offices Kill Productivity, According to Science. A huge study of 40,000+ workers in 300+ companies revealed that open-plan offices don’t work.” Ever since reading “Quiet” I’ve used every opportunity to illustrate this idea.Same is true for schools, and other areas. Groupwork has it’s status, but as the norm it sucks. To get deep work done we need calm and quiet.
TEAM NORMS AND EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
Team Norms and Emotional Intelligence: “The team leader’s emotional intelligence didn’t predict the performance of the team, BUT it did predict the emergence of the emotionally intelligent team norms.”
“I’m constantly amazed by how easily we love ourselves above all others, yet we put more stock in the opinions of others than in our own estimation of self…. How much credence we give to the opinions our peers have of us and how little to our very own!”
– Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
MORE I ENJOYED THIS WEEK
- Jocko Podcast With Tim Ferriss: Darkness, How to stay on the path, last days of life & what to do, back-up plans, misconceptions
- Joe Rogan & Jocko Willink: A little too simplistic on the suicide part, but good stuff on leadership, food choices, etc..
Thanks for reading. Three things I could use your help with:
- Follow me on Facebook (more there…)
- Enjoy this issue? Please send it to one friend, this helps me grow.
- Have something I should be covering? Use the “contact us” form to your right.
Have a great week,